Seiten

30. Mai 2013

Banana Nectarine Cobbler with Coconut Streusel




May is a great month when it comes to long weekends. I think we had at least 4 in the course of the last 4 weeks. Yiha!
Today I rang in the last of May’s holidays with a special breakfast.
Normally I have a smoothie, oatmeal or muesli with some kind of fruit for breakfast but once in a while it’s nice to get out of the rut and make something a bit more time consuming. This recipe takes about 30 minutes from start to finish, so it is perfect for weekends or holidays or days you have a little more time left for preparations.
Otherwise you can totally make this a day ahead and eat it on Moan-day since it keeps well in the fridge for a few days.
I really love baked bananas and I could have eaten the whole batch of the dish myself this morning. So, so good!
I chose nectarines to go with the bananas because it’s a classic (for me) and I had some very ripe ones on hand. Peaches would be great, too, but I prefer nectarines because I despise the furry peel of the peaches. I am sorry.


                         

I topped the fruit mixture with coconut streusel to give the dish a more tropical flair and because I have been craving coconut muesli for days!
Now I have two of my favorite things in one dish: coconut muesli and warm banana! Mmmm…Enjoy!


Banana Nectarine Breakfast Bake with Coconut Streusel

Ingredients:
(serves 3-4)

For the fruit base:
6 nectarines, chopped (into 8 pieces)
2 ripe bananas, cut into thick slices
2 Tbsp Agave nectar
1 Tbsp lemon juice
¼ tsp ground vanilla
½ tsp cornstarch

For the streusel:
1 cup (100g) rolled oats
¼ cup (25g) shredded coconut
1 Tbsp coconut oil, and more to grease the pan
1 Tbsp creamed honey or rice syrupe
1/3 tsp cinnamon


In a large bowl gently mix the chpped nectarins and banana with the Agave syrup, lemon juice, ground vanilla, and cornstarch. Place into a greased round pan (ø 30cm) and set aside.
Add all streusel ingredients to a bowl and mix until crumbly and well combined. Top the fruit mixture with the streusel and bake at 175°C (350°F) for 20 minutes or until the streusel are golden brown.
Serve hot or cold with a dollop of plain soy or Greek yoghurt.

Although it is called breakfast bake, you can also serve this a dessert alongside some delicious vanilla or yoghurt ice cream.

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen